- Ted: Victoria seems like a great girl, why wouldn’t you want to marry her?
- Klaus: Victoria is a wunderbar…there is a word in Germany, Leben lang Schatz des Schicksals, and the closest translation would be “life long treasure of destiny.” Victoria is wunderbar, but she is not my Leben lang Schatz des Schicksals She’s my bilahalagenshufajegoskof…it means the thing that is almost the thing that you want, but it’s not quite. That is Victoria to me.
- Ted: How do you know she’s not Leben lang Schatz des Schicksals Maybe as the years go by she’ll get Leben lang Schatz des Schicksals…ier?
- Klaus: Leben lang Schatz des Schicksals is not something that develops over time. It is something that happens instantaneously. It courses through you like the water of a river after a storm, filling you and emptying you all at once. You feel it throughout your body, in your hands, in your heart, in your stomach, in your skin…have you ever felt this way about someone?
- Ted: …I think so.
- Klaus: If you have to think about it, you have not felt it.
- Ted: And you’re absolutely sure you’ll find that someday?
- Klaus: Of course. Everyone does eventually…you just never know when or where.
Du bist mein Lebenslangschatz des Schicksals, aber ich habe zu Spät verwirklicht…