Distress Moment 1
- Situation: Morning, planning ahead. Feeling stressed.
- Thoughts: I want it all perfect and I can’t think straight.
- Cognitive Distorsion: ?
- Distress Level: 1 (tense muscles)
Social meeting: Yes
Distress Moment 2
- Situation: Evening, presenting myself in front of 10+ persons. Strong fast heartbeat when approaching my turn to speak. I had the chance that someone else would speak for me, but I decided not to take it: I had to overcome the fear and anxiety and accepting I have the skills to speak for myself in a language that even though I don’t have an advanced level, but I can communicate. So I did. After 5 more minutes the heartbeat started to slow down. Felt great!
- Thoughts: everybody will focus on me and if I make a mistake or don’t find the words or I say it wrong they will notice I am a foreigner.
- Cognitive Distortion: Mind reading, Future telling
- Distress Level: 3 (strong heartbeat, anxious hands)
Today I achieved:
- Even though it was hard to stay focus and got distracted several times (even to have lunch) I managed to finish my tasks
- Not to pull the flesh around my nails
- Speaking in public and overcoming fear and anxiety